SOME OF THE NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS OF MR. G. H. RAHALKAR
- Thermax, where we trained all the employees (From top management to operators) and guided their quality circle scheme, obtained best Quality Circle implementation award of QCFI, Pune chapter, for first two years. (1987 & 1988)
- Quality Circles from companies such as Thermax, M&M, Crompton Greaves etc where we helped implementation, have earned several awards at National and international levels
- M & M Nagpur reduced rejection cost by 85%, achieved 90 % participation in Quality Circles, Implemented JIT (Lean) to reduce cycle time by 85 % (four weeks to 3 days), reduced WIP by 90% (4000 to 400 oil pump bodies), Area utilization improved by 35% on two lines. Implemented over 100 Poka Yoke solutions mostly suggested by operators. (1988 to 1995)
- Pune heat treat, associate company of Sona Koyo steerings achieved 2.5 times increase in productivity, eliminated inspection achieved direct on-line status from customer and eliminated customer complaints, reduced cycle time by 85% (one week to 6 hours), WIP by 90% (one week 4000 sets to 400 sets), Area utilization improved by 35 %. (1996)
- Thermax improved productivity by 60% (Average) in one year (2000), over 1000 worker suggestions were implemented, Cycle time reduced by 60 to 90 %, Area utilization improved by 35%, WIP reduction by 60 to 80 %.
- M & M farm equipment sector where we helped implement machine and process capabilities, vendor quality improvement, assembly problem solving and customer complaints reduction during 2000/2002 obtained Demming Quality Award in 2003. By a unique approach developed by us, over 350 process capabilities were developed by us in 18 months both in-house and vendors.
- Uttam Galva Steels achieved profit improvement of 50 Crs during 2006/2007 in a one and half year project through product mix change, energy cost reduction and various cost reduction projects.
- Visited IBM Egypt in 2008 to help implement advanced statistical methods. For CMMI level 5, version II implementation.
- During the last 30 years we have conducted over 2000 training programs and trained over 50,000 employees in various organizations. We have also worked as consultants to guide these employees to achieve problem solving and improvements. Over 5000 such improvement projects have been completed by such participants.
- Trained over 800 black belts and 250 Green belts and 20 master black belts in 50 training programs during 2005 to 2013. Over 235 of these have achieved ASQ CSSBB certification and about 450 have achieved Black Belt certification from Six Sigma Management Institute (USA). Guided large no of these participants to complete their projects.